small (25g), Travel Box (12x25g), medium (250g), large (450g)
Organic and Raw Pea Protein, Organic Locust Bean Gum, Pectin, Organic Vanilla Flavour, Organic Stevia Extract. Certified Organic by Ecocert Canada. May contains traces of nuts.
Premium organic, vegan & naturally gluten-free protein!
FEEL THE DIFFERENCE
When we talk about a healthy diet, an adequate intake of high-quality protein is key to maintaining optimal health:
Plant-based protein, regarded for a long time as of lower quality than animal protein, is now acknowledged not only as equal, but superior in terms of muscle and complementary benefits:
1. Craig WJ, Nutrition concerns and health effects of vegetarian diets, Nutr Clin Pract. 2010 Dec.
2. Allen NE & all., Macronutrient intake and risk of urothelial cell carcinoma in the European prospective investigation into cancer and nutrition, Int J Cancer. 2013 Feb 1.
1. M Huber & all. Organic food and impact on human health: Assessing the status quo and prospects of research. NJAS-Wageningen Journal of Life Sciences 58.3 (2011): 103-109.
2. E V Bräuner & all. A prospective study of organochlorines in adipose tissue and risk of non Hodgkin lymphoma. Environ Health Perspect. 2012 Jan;120(1):105-11
3. J Jurewicz & all. Chemical exposure early in life and the neurodevelopment of children–an overview of current epidemiological evidence. Ann Agric Environ Med. 2013;20(3):465-86.
4. J S Christensen, C Asklund , N E Skakkebæk, N Jørgensen, H R Andersen, T M Jørgensen, L H Olsen, A P Høyer, J Moesgaard, J Thorup, T K Jensen, J Urol. Association between organic dietary choice during
pregnancy and hypospadias in offspring: a study of mothers of 306 boys operated on for hypospadias. 2013 Mar;189(3):1077-82. doi: 10.1016/j.juro.2012.09.116. Epub 2012 Oct 2.
5. M F Bouchard, D C Bellinger, R O Wright, M G Weisskopf. Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and urinary metabolites of organophosphate pesticides. Pediatrics. 2010 Jun;125(6):e1270-7. doi:
10.1542/peds.2009-3058. Epub 2010 May 17.
6. C Lu, K Toepel, R Irish, R A Fenske, D B Barr, R Bravo. Organic diets significantly lower children’s dietary exposure to organophosphorus pesticides. Environ Health Perspect. 2006 Feb;114(2):260-3.
7. M F Bouchard, J Chevrier, K G Harley, K Kogut, M Vedar, N Calderon, C Trujillo, C Johnson, A Bradman, D B Barr, B Eskenazi. Prenatal exposure to organophosphate pesticides and IQ in 7-year-old children.
Environ Health Perspect. 2011 Aug;119(8):1189-95.
8. M T Munoz-Quezada, B A Lucero, D B Barr, K Steenland, K Levy, P B Ryan, V Iglesias, S Alvarado, C Concha, E Rojas, C Vega. Neurodevelopmental effects in children associated with exposure to
organophosphate pesticides: a systematic review. Neurotoxicology. 2013 Dec;39:158-68.
9. J Jurewicz, K Polanska, W Hanke. Chemical exposure early in life and the neurodevelopment of children–an overview of current epidemiological evidence. Ann Agric Environ Med. 2013;20(3):465-86.
10. C Smith-Spangler, M L Brandeau, G E Hunter, J C Bavinger, M Pearson, P J Eschbach, V Sundaram, H Liu, P Schirmer, C Stave, I Olkin, D M Bravata. Are organic foods safer or healthier than conventional
alternatives?: a systematic review. Ann Intern Med. 2012 Sep 4;157(5):348-66
1. Mamerow et al, 2012
2. Abou-Samra R, Keersmaekers L, Brienza D, Mukherjee R, Macé K. Effect of different protein sources on satiation and short-term satiety when consumed as a starter. Nutr J. 2011 Dec 23;10:139.
3. Geraedts MC, Troost FJ, Munsters MJ, et al. Intraduodenal administration of intact pea protein effectively reduces food intake in both lean and obese male subjects. PLoS One. 2011;6(9):e24878.
4. Diepvens K, Häberer D, Westerterp-Plantenga M. Different proteins and biopeptides differently affect satiety and anorexigenic/orexigenic hormones in healthy humans. Int J Obes (Lond). 2008
Peas, as well as other legumes, are known to create discomfort during digestion (gas, bloating, etc.) due to the mix of fibres and starch. In Nature Zen Pea Protein, fibres and starch are removed during the natural extraction process so you will profit from the extraordinary wholesome benefits of peas without the downsides. Good for energy & good for digestion!
1. 2013 Joy et al.; licensee BioMed Central Ltd. Nutr J 12: 86.
2. Purpura M, Lowery RP, Joy JM, De Souza EO, Kalman DS, et al. (2014) A Comparison of Blood Amino Acid Concentrations Following Ingestion of Rice and Whey Protein Isolate: A Double-Blind
Crossover Study. J Nutr Health Sci 1(3): 306. doi: 10.15744/2393-9060.1.306
Clinical studies have proven that pea protein used in the Smoothie & Cooking formula and Nature Zen protein bars has beneficial effects for our intestinal flora and acts as a prebiotic. Indeed, the Lactobacillus strains are able to use the pea protein, thus demonstrating its prebiotic effect.
You can add Nature Zen protein in your:
Enjoy unique offers and promotions